Quick recap of the week📰
A quick recap of the week’s key tech headlines and funding deals.
Start your day, the smart way!
Must-read stories from the world of tech & startups delivered to your inbox.
Let’s get started
A Quick Recap of the Week
- Paytm raises 45% of record IPO target from anchor investors💸
- Clubhouse rolls out app in five Indian languages🎧
- Chingari’s crypto token raises $40 million within 24 hrs of its live sale🔥
- Byju’s raises $1.2 billion via term loan📚
- Policymakers considering ‘middle path’ on crypto😇
- Amazon Pay India gets Rs 1,000 Cr from parent company👜
- Social commerce start-up Meesho top downloaded Indian app🛍
- Freshworks initiates $500 million share sale to tap listing gains💰
- Good Glamm group turns into a beauty unicorn🦄
- Nykaa’s market-cap crosses Rs 1 lakh crore on listing day💄
- Zomato investments turn Curefit to unicorn valued at $1.5 bn🥗
- PharmEasy parent files draft papers for Rs 6,250-crore IPO💊
- Elon Musk sells Tesla shares worth $5 billion after Twitter poll🚘
- BharatPe to launch ‘Merchant Shareholding Program’ for its merchant partners📊
- Agnikul showcases its Made In India rocket in Dubai🚀
- Faze Technologies, a startup that builds fun consumer experiences on top of public blockchains, has raised $17.4 million in a seed funding round led by Tiger Global Management.
- Natural pet food brand Dogsee Chew has raised $7 million as part of its pre-Series A round from Sixth Sense Ventures.
- Peer-to-peer lending platform, Finzy, has raised $2 million as a part of a bridge round.
- The Sandbox, a Hong Kong-based gaming platform that allows users to build a virtual world using non-fungible tokens (NFTs), has raised $93 million from investors led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund 2.
- Car-sharing startup Zoomcar has raised $92 million in a private placement led by New York-based SternAegis Ventures with participation from international family offices and institutional investors.
- Global learning platform for children, BrightChamps, has raised $63 million in funding from global private equity and venture capital funds Premji Invest and GSV Ventures among others.
- HR tech startup Advantage Club has raised a total of $5 million from Y-Combinator, Jetty Ventures, Earlsfield Capital, SMC Advisors, Kunal Shah, among others.
- Cloud kitchen company Curefoods, which operates ‘EatFit’, is in talks to raise $30 million in an equity funding round led by Accel and Chiratae.
- EV battery swapping network Battery Smart has raised $7 million (around Rs 52 crore) in a pre-Series A round from a clutch of investors of Blume Ventures and Orios Ventures.
- D2C babycare brand SuperBottoms has raised Rs 3.5 crore in venture debt funding from Alteria Capital.
- SaaS startup CloudFiles raised Rs 2.36 Crores in pre-seed round of funding led by Titan Capital.
- Last-mile distribution provider, Xpand, has raised $1.5 million from several high net-worth individuals (HNIs), as a part of its pre-Series A funding round.
- Fintech-driven agriculture service platform, Unnati Agri has raised ₹60 crores in a Series A funding round from Incofin Investment Management, NabVentures, and Orios.
- Troo Good, a millet snacks maker, has raised ₹55 crores in its Series A funding round led by investment firm OAKS Asset Management.
- Wakefit, a home and sleep solutions company has raised $28 million (Rs 200 crore) in a Series C funding round from investors led by US-based SIG, a global trading and investment firm headquartered in Pennsylvania.
- Cradlewise, a Silicon Valley-based startup that makes smart cribs for babies, has raised $7 million in a seed funding round led by early-stage venture capital firm Footwork.
- CapGrid, a B2B commerce startup specialising in sourcing and procurement of direct-material supplies, has raised Rs 4.1 crore seed funding from Anicut Angel Fund, Axilor Ventures and Firstcheque.
- Exotel, a cloud telephony firm, has acquired chatbot developer Cogno AI in a cash-and-stock deal, as part of its plans to build a complete customer engagement platform.
Have a wonderful weekend!🥳
Thanks for reading😊
If you enjoy this, share it with your friends. It’ll help us reach more people.